"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Snowmen Take Over the Dining Room - DIY

I've taken over the dining room table today because I'm hoping this week to make some time for some serious card making. I have oodles of things to play with and they need a lot of space - it can be a little overwhelming - but this first project in the stash busting is nice and simple.




Last year I came across these little kits intended for making door knob hangers. I picked up a few of them but I knew I didn't want to make door knob hangers.

So I pondered my pretty Christmas papers ... you shouldn't rush this part.

For making the cards, I first started with a piece of shiny metallic card stock - at holiday time you can easily find this in red, green, gold or silver. I like to use a piece cut to a size to leave about a 1 cm border around the edges.

Next I add a layer of the decorative holiday paper I got for Christmas last year. Again I'm following the approximately 1cm per edge rule but you can get entirely different looks just playing with this - or by using paper shaper scissors for different and fancier edges.

Now you're ready to start adding your snowman bits. I lucked out with this kit -they're peel and stick, but I've done similar things with non adhesive foam shapes and it's not difficult if you have to glue them.

Add a few embellishments like snowflakes and sequins and you're all done!

You can have fun with all sorts of variations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...