"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Button Whimsies for the Christmas Tree


Buttons seem to be a hot trend these days.   When I recently came across bags of interesting and random buttons at a good price, I couldn't resist playing with some Christmas ornaments centered around buttons.



I love the whimsical shape that the random sizing makes, and they look super cute with large beads and pearls dangling below.  I had these super bright lime green large beads, so decided to pair them with a mix of red and white buttons in a candy cane pattern, a pearl for a pop of white, and carried the lime green through the beaded hanger portion with a mixture of red and green.


I have the same focal beads in other colours, so here is another version done in purples.  Seed beads in between each button keep a nice spacing that gives the ornament a spinning top kind of look.   I really like purples and pinks mixed in with my turquoise, blues, silver and white trees (where red is banned) for a colourful winter wonderland look.


Fun stuff and a great way to use up old buttons as a mixture of all sorts would look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...