"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Hearts and 'Diamonds' Christmas Ornaments


Valentines Day meets Christmas with this latest ornament.  Some years ago I picked up these painted metal filigree-like hearts.  They were in the Valentines Day crafting items, but I thought they would perhaps make nice Christmas ornaments.




This version has a heart cut out in the center, and I thought it would be perfect for dangling a crystal faceted rondelle.  I had these pre-wired from something I else I bought and taken apart (as I am so often doing), so it was a good opportunity to try them out.  Love the concept, and they are not difficult to do with your own wiring - which I'm now also experimenting with for other styles.


For the beaded hangers, I knew that I wanted the wooden red beads as they give a really intense pop of colour, and I knew I wanted to repeat the faceted crystal that is dangling in the center of the heart.  I played with a few variations until I was happy with the results. The first few seemed too heavy for the delicate styling of the heart, but I was happy with the results once I added some tiny gold seed bead spacing in between the focal bead elements.


These are worked on a 5" piece of red coated wire, and I used a rich metallic gold for the tiny seed beads, with translucent deep red and creamy white for the larger seed beads to give it a traditional look  All packaged up they look sweet and festive.  And after all, who doesn't LOVE "Heart" Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...