"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Shiny Silver Snowflakes


Wowza, talk about shine and sparkle!  Working on these silver snowflakes at my craft room table,  with the sun streaming in, I was tempted to put on a pair of sunglasses.  En masse, they were almost blinding with their shine, sparkle and close friend glitter.  I just love them.


I found some flat backed gems that worked perfectly to highlight the center of the snowflake, which has a crystal icy look and a bit of silver glitter.  I glued these on, leaving them flat for quite some time to dry and they appear to be holding very well.

Add caption
For the beaded hanger portion I just had to use these "diva" vintage mercury style silver acrylic beads.  I call them Diva beads now, because they insist on being the star of the show - and it is well deserved.  They are a beautiful quality bead - no seams, just glorious mirror finish.  You can see how reflective they are in this close up.

I tried a first version of this snowflake with more feature beads, but neither the Diva beads or I were happy.   Simple faceted crystals to reflect their magnificence was all they needed and  I used pretty frosted white seed beads as spacers so nothing detracts from them.  Continuing up the hanger I used the tiniest of clear crystal seed beads with little pops of slightly larger opaque white seed beads for that hint of snow.


Add caption

Job done on these and they are posted on Etsy because I like the way they photographed.  Today I hope to make a blizzard more in similar styles for the upcoming Craft Show.  I'd really like to clear out the large snowflakes box to make space for other things.

Along the journey of designing these, I started playing with working the ornaments on to the beaded spiral ornament hooks that I make, but these snowflakes were too large and they would hang too low, so I will have to try that with something else.  Oooh, the things to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...