"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Traditional Tree Skirts with Faux Fur Yarns

Traditional Tree Skirt with Faux Fur Yarn
Stop the presses -  my in-laws have a Christmas tree. For the first time since I met my husband (many, many, many moons ago) my mother and father-in-law put up a Christmas Tree last year.  They would decorate, but because of many animals in the home avoided the tree.  I just couldn't let such an exciting development as this go without making them a tree skirt, so this is the one I made for them - and it is loaded with a variety of the faux fur yarns.



IThe tree skirt has a split, but it is hard to tell in this picture.  I add several ties so it sits nice and flush and colour co-ordinate them with the bands which seems to make them blend in very nicely.



This is another un-documented one that I made with similar colours for my brother-in-laws family.  They have two small children - the perfect age for Christmas magic - so this is an extra large version suited for a big Christmas Tree.   Double wide bands of faux fur yarns make a nice edging.


In the body of the tree skirt I've used bands of popcorn stitch for texture and interest.  You particularly pick up the texture when looking down at the tree skirt as you would when it's under the tree.  Eats up a lot of wool - loads in the outer bands - but a very nice effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...