"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Crochet Christmas Stocking

Sir Stands-a-Lot models the new stocking
 I was looking for some crochet coaster patterns when I came across a little Christmas booklet for Loops & Threads Impeccable worsted.


Crochet Christmas Stocking
I'm pretty sure I bought the pattern booklet for a knit Cat Tree Ornament that I've never made, but it was the crochet stocking that caught my eye.  I followed the pattern for the basic structure of the stocking but did my own thing as I wanted to incorporate the faux fur yarn for the cuff of the stocking - and I didn't want to bother with multi-colour bobbles as the pattern suggested.

Faux fur yarn cuff makes it special
I was planning to do even striping but I was a little unsure about the structure of the heel and instep so I kept it simple with a mostly plain red body.  It wasn't tricky, so I think I will brave striping  for the next attempt.  

The faux fur cuff is great.  It would be better still, in my opinion, if I doubled up the cuff rows and turned it back.  It looks great when I try this and gives it nice structure, but it is a little too short without the extra rows I didn't plan for.  One more little change, I would add an extra row in the toe decrease - it just looks a little bit stubbed - and more room for prezzies can't  be a bad thing.

I put a little tissue paper in to take these photos but it is clear that you could stuff LOADS into these stockings, and it's a fun little pattern that you could do all kinds of variations with - my favourite kind of project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...