"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Snowflake Blizzard

Snowflakes in Silver

It's a blizzard around here as I'm back to the snowflakes - and this time they are silver.  Trying to get back into the production groove I've worked up all of  my lovely large silver grey pearls.  I've actually used 4 sizes of silver grey pearls for a graduated effect and the all-important sparkly rondelle also in a silver grey colour.  I thought they looked dramatic and elegant on the shiny black paper.

Snowflakes in red


I started making these snowflake ornaments last year, but I've made a few modifications recently.  Two main differences - the snowflakes now feature a sparkly gem or pearl embellishment, and the beaded hangers are now done on wire, instead of stretchy beaded cord.
 
Snowflakes in green

I just love the beaded hangers version using wire - it allows you to position the ornament exactly how you want it - without swivel.    Less stringing of the teeeny tiny beads on stretchy wire doesn't hurt either from a production point of view, and the result is sturdier.

Pretty snowflakes all in a row

I have a lot more gem/pearl variations to work up, as I have prepared this part in advance. Still to come are gems in teal, blue, green, lilac, gold and light pink and pearls in pink, teal and red.  Six down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...