"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Christmas Tree Skirt in Traditional Colours

Christmas Tree Skirt in traditional holiday colours

I've finished my first tree skirt of the year and I've kept this one simple - without fancy stitches or fancy yarns - and it has worked up pretty quickly.




The tree skirt is a good size, measuring 47" from point to point, and it ties up into a circle with three ties for a nice snug close.  These wash and dry beautifully as I have had mine in the wash several times.


I still have plenty of wool in these colours so the next one is on the hook.  Looking at the overhead photo I can't help thinking it would be fun to create a wreath in the tree skirt - embelished with ribbons and berries and the like.  It would be fairly easy to accomplish with the shaping of the ripple in the round, but I am determined to focus on simplicity.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...