"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Santa Beaded Coasters


I've been playing around with some holiday versions of my beaded coaster idea using a santa design. You can purchase the plastic canvas in square shapes, or just cut from a full sheet to the size you want.  Isn't he cute, all bubbly and festive?



Here are the first two versions with the beading complete but before finishing the edging. I like the striping of the background but I feel you lose the snowflakes, so I think it's one or the other. A few tweakings here and there, and I think this pattern is getting close.


And here they are - first two finished off - all ready for .... ages from now ;)  I have not attached a backing - which I'm still debating.  Adhesive felt would work nicely and complete the job, but with the threads on the back there is no danger of scratching surfaces and without a backing you could wash the coaster if you ever needed to. I am of two minds on the subject so have left it alone for now.


And because I can almost always find a way to create a spreadsheet, I've been revising the chart throughout these test pieces and this will be the next evolution.  You can use this chart as a basic guide to make your own version  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...