"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Tszuj it Up!


I, like many before me, have just had to google the spelling for a word that may not in fact exist.  I use it all the time - as I do it all the time - but I didn`t have a clue how to spell "juj?" it up.  I'm still not certain it is an actual word but I have certainly chosen my favourite spelling. Tszuj.  What a great word.  Scrabble, anyone?



Anyway, the reason I was searching for this word was to show you an idea for tszujing up a basic Christmas ornament.


This is a pretty glitter ball ornament that I picked up at the Dollar Store.  I did, for the record, leave some colours behind, but not very many.  Glitter.  Must have.  I've beaded the ball on to an ornament hanger using tiny #10 and larger #6 seed beads to hold the ball securely, and for accent up the hanger.  I've also added a little pearl in a co-ordinating colour.   

It looks prettier just with the beaded hanger, but for the last touch I've added some ribbon.  The translucent ribbon works perfectly and adds a little more shimmer.  Initially, I was adding the bows with a more fiddly wire method but after some experimenting I find the best way is the simple way.  After doing the beaded hanger I just tie on the ribbon.  Get it nice and tight and create a knot, and then tie into a pretty bow and trim if necessary.



I love ribbon on my Christmas tree and adding it directly to the ornaments just makes life a little more simple. Et voila.  Les balls a la tszuj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...