"Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world."

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Santa Claus!

Super Large Faceted Beaded Snowflakes


I've been back to trying my hand at the beaded snowflake ornaments.  This time, I thought I'd try a version with these fab super large faceted beads. They're 22mm in diameter and I have them in a number of colours.




I'm still finding my way a bit in the tension of bending the wire at the end of each arm as it is a little thicker than I'm accustomed to, and trying to get things really snug I've broken the odd attempt by bending too much.  I never break them at the beginning - only when I'm nearly finished of course.


But haven't they come out pretty combined with things like crystal rondelles, crackle glass beads, swarovski bicone crystals, glass pearls and the like?


The teeny tiny seed beads still fit the slightly thicker wire, so I use them throughout unless a larger seed bead is needed against the hole size of a neighbour bead.  These snowflakes use sizes 10/0, 8/0 and 6/0 seed beads.


I still have a few more colours of the large faceted beads to work up in this beaded snowflake style, but for now it's a break to other things as my hands are done in!  Worth it though, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...